sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010

Episode 1

The difference
A year ago, when I stared to write this blog-show, I wondered what would be do a presentation different of the thounsands of presentations of the thousands of blogs of a thousands of persons. In the same episode I answered t myself that there was noting original to do because being original is what many people do, so I chose to do a insipid and incomplet presentation. I said only the first letter of the country were I was born, of where I've been raised, of what I like and what I don't.
Over the course of the first season I made a construction in detail that allowed me to do what I couldn't do at first: Introduce myself. That's what I did in the episode 22, when I said that I would celebrate my 22th Birthday in the beaches of México.

Today, Episode nº23: A new introduction: "THE DIFFERENCE"

Do you know the difference between "cross-dresser" and "transsexual", between "transgender" and "homosexual"?
Do you really know or do you believe you know?
Do you know the difference between "sexual orientation" and "sexual identity", between "change of sex" and "sexual reassignment"? Do you know the difference between "fag" and "homosexual", between "whore" y "prostitute", between "bisexual" and "confused", between "homosexual" and "sick", between "heterosexual" and "normal" or "common"?
Do you know the difference between "normal" and "good"?
Do you know the difference between "the right thing" and "the accepted thing", between "ignorance" and "stupidity", between "inteligence" and "knowledge"?
Do you know the difference between "homophobia" and "transphobia"?
Do you know the difference between "discriminate" and "discriminate yourself", the difference between "sexist" and "feminist", between "religion" and "faith", between "want to kill herself" and "want to die"?
Do you know the difference between "tolerance" and "acepptance", between "call yourself open mind" and "be open", between "do not know" and "ignore", between "know" and "believe to know"?
Tell me, really, do you know the difference between "man" and "woman"?

In the depths of the water I have ceased to exist and I reincarnated as myself, I've survived my no-experiences, I've celebrated my 22th birthday.
My name is Elizabeth, I am a transgender woman, and this is the way the second season starts, when in the first days of April I went out trembling of the water, and the underground river drops get confused with my tears... Then I can feel my body, finally it starts to be mine, and I know that an important year it's starting, where if you know the difference or you don't, I stop being what the others believe I am.

Go to the next chapter